My name is Gitte and I’m from Denmark. I live in the USA with my wonderful husband Joseph and together we have a grown son Nicholas who is off in college having way too much fun. My family is my pride and joy. My relationship with food has been a love/hate relationship. I love the experience of food with all its different flavors, smells, textures and colors but learning to cook using unfamiliar ingredients, in a foreign country and without close family support has been, shall we say, a challenge. And so I have taught myself to cook with the help of hundreds of phone calls to my family, cookbooks and food magazines. Today I am enjoying experimenting with new recipes as well as revisiting some old familiar Danish ones. This blog is meant to expand my horizons and to document my culinary adventures. I hope you enjoy this site and feel free to stop in anytime. Please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.
Note!All pictures and written material belongs to My Danish Kitchen. Please be respectful of my work and do not copy my photos or text without written permission.
- Marble Cupcakes
- Gulerodskage Med Flødeost – Danish Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Skidne Æg – Smiling Eggs In Mustard Sauce
- Italiensk Oksebov – Italian Beef Stew
- Garlic and Anchovy Farfalle
- Danish Makroner
- Chocolate Amaretto Pudding
- Julekake – Norwegian Christmas Bread
- Jødekager – Jewish Cookies
- Joulutortut – Finnish Christmas Stars
- Rugbrød - Dark Rye Bread
- Citronfromage - Danish Lemon Mousse
- Skidne Æg - Smiling Eggs In Mustard Sauce
- Marble Cupcakes
- Wienerbrød - Danish Pastry Braid
- About Me
- Æblekage - Apple Cake
- Rødkål - Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage
- Gulerodskage Med Flødeost - Danish Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Search My Danish Kitchen
My Flickr Photos
Stay up to date
It’s a cookie party!
An Advent Calendar!