My name is Gitte and I’m from Denmark. I live in the US with my wonderful husband Joseph and together we have a grown son named Nicholas. My relationship with food has been a love/hate relationship. I love the experience of food with all its different flavors, smells, textures and colors, but learning to cook using unfamiliar ingredients, in a foreign country and without nearby family support has been, shall we say, a challenge. And so I have taught myself to bake and cook with the help of hundreds of phone calls to my family, cookbooks and food magazines. Today I am enjoying recreating classic, as well as modern Danish recipes and also trying out other Scandinavian dishes. My blog consist of mostly baked goods but you may also encounter some good home cooking, from time to time. This blog is meant to expand my horizons and to document my culinary adventures. I hope you enjoy this site and feel free to stop in anytime. Please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.
Note!All pictures and written material belongs to My Danish Kitchen. Please be respectful of my work and do not copy my photos or text without written permission.
- Rugbrød - Dark Rye Bread
- Wienerbrød - Danish Pastry Braid
- Citronfromage - Danish Lemon Mousse
- Drømmekage - Dream Cake
- Rundstykker - Danish Breakfast Buns
- Birkes, Thebirkes, Københavnerbirkes, Grovbirkes - dear child has many names
- Leverpostej - Danish Liver Pate
- Remoulade - A Danish Condiment
- 12 Days of Christmas - Ris a la mande - Rice Pudding
- Festlig Marmorkage – Festive Marble Cake
- Honningkage Med Smørcreme – Honey Cake With Buttercream
- Stuvet Hvidkål – Stewed White Cabbage
- White Wine Sangria With a Twist
- Nutella Gelato – Nutella Is
- Basil Pesto
- Sarah Bernhardkager – Sarah Bernhard Cakes
- Eaton Mess With Meringue Cookies
- Black Magic Chocolate Cake
- Bang Bang Shrimp
Search My Danish Kitchen
An Advent Calendar!