My name is Gitte and I’m from Denmark. I live in the US with my wonderful family and I enjoy recreating classic, as well as modern Danish recipes and also trying out other Scandinavian and American dishes. Learning to bake in a foreign country using unfamiliar ingredients and trying to navigate translations and conversions has been challenging. What I have tried to do with my blog is to translate not only recipe ingredients and instructions but also convert from metric to standard measurements and I hope this will be helpful to anyone wanting to bake Scandinavian recipes. My blog consist of mostly baked goods but you may also encounter some good home cooking, from time to time. I hope you enjoy this site and feel free to stop in anytime.
Note!All pictures and written material belongs to My Danish Kitchen. Please be respectful of my work and do not copy my photos or text without written permission.
- Rugbrød - Dark Rye Bread
- Wienerbrød - Danish Pastry Braid
- Leverpostej - Danish Liver Pate
- Drømmekage - Dream Cake
- Remoulade - A Danish Condiment
- Rundstykker - Danish Breakfast Buns
- Othellolagkage - Othello Layered Cake
- Citronfromage - Danish Lemon Mousse
- Kanelsnegle - aka Cinnamon Buns, and a few words on Yeast
- Bedstefars Skæg – Grandfathers Beard
- Banana And Date Muffins
- Festlig Marmorkage – Festive Marble Cake
- Honningkage Med Smørcreme – Honey Cake With Buttercream
- Stuvet Hvidkål – Stewed White Cabbage
- White Wine Sangria With a Twist
- Nutella Gelato – Nutella Is
- Basil Pesto
- Sarah Bernhardkager – Sarah Bernhard Cakes
- Eaton Mess With Meringue Cookies
Search My Danish Kitchen
An Advent Calendar!