I got tagged, so I guess that means I’m it. There is a fun game going around the Food Blogging community and Kim from Liv Life has challenged me for a game of Tag. The person tagged answers 8 questions and then tags another eight Bloggers with a new round of questions. So here are the questions that was posted to me by Kim:
1. What is your favorite restaurant? I thought about this question for quite a while and I have to answer this question in two parts. The all-time best meal I have ever had was at the 1587 restaurant located inside The Tranquil House Inn in Manteo, North Carolina. But we have only eaten there once and it’s a 2 hour drive from where we live. But if it has to be a local restaurant it would probably be a toss-up between P F Chang’s or Carrabba’s. Love them both.
2. When dining out do you prefer a fancy, dress up affair or casual with flip-flops? Well, I don’t know about flip-flops but I do know that I do not like to dress up at all. I am a semi-casual kinda girl living in a semi-casual kinda world.
3. Do you do fast food? If so, what is your favorite? Yes, I am guilty of fast food desires but I try to keep it a minimum. My favorite would be Subway. Is Subway really considered fast food? Well if not, then I’ll go with Five Guys Burger. That is definitely a heart attack on a plate.
4. Do you remember one of the first recipes that you ever made? If so, do you still make it? Yes, it was a Danish version of Marble cake. I made it all the time when I was a young girl back in Denmark. Funny you should ask, because as I am sitting here typing this the aroma of that cake is filling the kitchen…it’s fresh out of the oven and I’ll be posting about it pretty soon.
5. The world is open to you. A personal private jet with pilot is waiting for your direction…. Where will you go? I had to think about this one for a while. I would want to go somewhere really unique and interesting and this is an area that fascinates me. Now brace yourself and put on your best winter gear for I would want to go to Antarctica! Can you imagine what an adventure it would be? Oh and I would want to winter-over as well…just to test myself. What a great question Kim.
6. How close do you live now from where you were born? For this I had to consult with the great world-wide web and it turns out that I live 3977 miles from where I was born in Denmark. Long way from home!
7. Wine…red, white or bubbly? White.
8. Why did you start blogging? Before I even knew there was such a thing as food blogging, my kitchen and Den was littered with food magazines and cookbooks (actually still is). And then one day I read in a magazine about something called a food blog and when I went on the computer and checked it out, I was fascinated. And then I discovered that there was an entire food blogging community and I was in seventh heaven. My husband was the one who suggested that I should start my own blog and I thought it was a brilliant idea even though I knew nothing about how to make a web page. But after a lot of reading up on it…here we are…My Danish Kitchen and I 🙂
I must say that it was really a fun activity to take part in this game of Tag. And now it is my turn to Tag eight other bloggers with a new round of questions.
Here are my eight questions:
1. If your house was destroyed and you could only rescue one kitchen utensil from your kitchen, which one would it be?
2. What is your favorite Holiday? and why?
3. What is your favorite go to dish, to cook or bake?
4. When you need a little me-time how do you prefer to relax?
5. What type of food or dish are you the most intimidated by?
6. How close do you live now from where you were born?
7. If the world was your oyster and time and money were of no concern, where in the world would you like to travel to?
8. Why did you start blogging?
I would like to Tag:
Tes from Tes At Home
Kathy from Polwig
Staci from Eating in Denmark
Julie from Mommie Cooks
Patty from Patty’s Food
Sarah from Baking Serendipity
Christina from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
Debbie from Squirrel Bakes
If you are not interested in participating, no big deal. I understand that this is not for everyone.